New Years Eve is almost upon us again. It’s time to gather your loved ones, makes resolutions, and start planning for the upcoming year. If you’re still undecided on what to do or where to go this December 31st, here are some suggestions, thanks to the people at About Travel, that might help you decide on what to do at the end of this year.
Many people ask me if they should hire a Phoenix personal injury attorney or handle their case without an accident attorney. If the personal injury requires ongoing treatment, surgical procedures or disability you should hire a Phoenix accident lawyer such as Phillips and Lyon. At Phillips and Lyon our attorneys are very experienced and hire medical experts and economists, if necessary, to prove to the insurance company the loss you experienced from the accident. We will refer you to a doctor who will await payment until your case is settled. We will evaluate your personal injury case and advise if you should accept or reject an offer from the insurance company. Also, many times more than one insurance policy can be used to provide full compensation for an injury victim. An Arizona personal injury attorney like Phillips and Lyon can help guide you through your personal injury claim!
Being the victim of a car accident can be enough of a headache to begin with; adding a to-do list onto that can make it harder. There are a couple of things you can do right after the accident that will be very helpful in the future when dealing with insurance companies and possible law suits. One major step is to take photographs of the scene and other details surrounding the accident.
Photographs can help a lot after an accident. They are a great way to preserve evidence. They will come in handy when dealing with the other driver’s insurance company, and be a nice asset if a personal injury suit is filed due to the accident.
The more pictures you can take the better. You can sort through them later to find the most important ones, but it’s better to take as many as possible to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
Here is a list of things to document with your camera:
- Your car and the damage it sustained
- The other car involved in the accident, and the damage it sustained
- Any skid marks that may exist
- Vehicle parts, shattered glass, or other debris that may have fallen onto the road
- The accident site (i.e., the intersection or part of the road, parking lot location, surrounding landmarks)
- The inside of the car, including damage to the interior, debris, and deployed airbags
- The environment/weather conditions
- Any possible bodily injuries to you, your passengers, and other parties involved.
- The passengers in your car, as well as the driver and passengers of the other vehicle
- The other parties insurance card, and drivers license
- The ambulance and police that responded to the accident
- Any property damage, including walls or street signs that may have been affected by the accident
Also, take photos from a distance, along with photos from many different angles of the accident. Try to take photos from at least three different angles, along with close up photos and photos from a distance; ranging from two feet away to 15 feet away. Take some long distance panoramic shots if the option is available. When taking shots of the vehicle, try to get common landmarks in the photos for scale and distance.
You never know what can be used to help you out further down the line after the accident. It is better to have photos you don’t need, than to need a photo you don’t have.
Over the Thanksgiving holiday, many people will be traveling to visit friends and family. Here at Phillips and Lyon, we have some helpful tips to make sure you arrive at your destinations safely.
Most people who travel on the holidays will be traveling by car. Here are some tips to help you and your family remain safe on the roads this thanksgiving.
- Check your vehicle before your trip to make sure it is in proper working order.
- Check the tire pressure, and make sure that all fluids (break, windshield, coolant.) are all topped off.
- Always buckle up, and of course, do not drive impaired.
- If you plan on having a couple of drinks… Plan on staying where you are for the night, or have a designated driver lined up.
- Do not drive while tired. It is another form of impairment.
- Avoid distraction such as cell phones and other electronic devices. Keep your wits about you and focus on the road.
- Pay attention to the speed limit. Driving too fast, or too slow can raise the possibility of a collision.
- Rotate drivers if the trip is a long one. Make sure that each driver is fully awake, and ready to drive. Don’t let anyone drive too long and get too fatigued. Pull over if necessary.
- Don’t tailgate people. There will be a lot of families on the road that might have small children in the car, which makes them drive slower and more cautiously. Keep a safe distance and pass them when you can safely.
- Make sure your vehicles taillights, headlights, and windows are all clean for maximum visibility.
- Keep your headlights on at all times. You can never be too visible.
- If your car starts having problems, pull over to the nearest gas station. If you must pull over to the side of the raid, pull over as far as possible to avoid being struck by another vehicle.
- Keep an emergency kit in the vehicle, which includes items such as water, snacks, a flashlight, and a first aid kit.
- Have extra cash on you in case you need to get towed and make unexpected repairs.
We hope that you have safe travels, and wish you all a happy thanksgiving.
DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A LAW FIRM THAT HAS BEEN IN THE PHOENIX VALLEY FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND OFFERS A FRIENDLY AND STABLE WORK ENVIRONMENT?
Pre-Litigation personal injury legal assistant position available for candidates who have the following qualifications:
• MUST have 1 to3 years experience in a personal injury law firm handling client files, with direct client contact.
• Ability to handle 65-70 files independently, while under the supervision of an attorney.
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize a full work load.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our firm offers competitive salaries, in addition to health, dental, vision and 401K benefits. We are located in Central Phoenix with easy access from all areas of the valley.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and salary expectations.