Craziest Laws in AZ That Are Still In the Books.
1. Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
If you’re going to commit a misdemeanor, do it in a black mask, or a white mask, just not a red one. Or no mask at all, it’s just a misdemeanor.
2. Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
No one likes a dirty donkey… or do they?
3. A class 2 misdemeanor occurs if one places a mark upon a flag which is “likely to provoke physical retaliation”.
If marking a flag causes a fight, you’re getting in trouble for both.
4. It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
In one of the driest states in the Union, which can reach 120 degrees, this law is understandable.
5. Globe AZ – Cards may not be played in the street with a Native American.
Played anywhere else? Yes. Just not in the streets. That’s just illogical.
6. Mohave County – A decree declares that anyone caught stealing soap must wash himself with it until it is all used up.
If you steal soap, you are going to wind up really, really clean.
7. Nogales – An ordinance prohibits the wearing of suspenders.
Better get a nice belt!
8. Prescott – No one is permitted to ride their horse up the stairs of the county court house.
I can only imagine what happened to make this law go into effect.